The Harvard Gay & Lesbian Caucus maintains and seeks to expand a network of alumni/ae, faculty, staff and students of Harvard and Radcliffe Colleges and the Harvard Graduate and Professional Schools in order to organize, serve and advocate for Harvard's lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender (LGBT) community.
The Caucus, and its local chapters in several cities, seeks to
- develop a sense of community and offer networking opportunities, through social events, a newsletter, and an online membership site;
- advocate for a non-discriminatory and diverse working, living and academic environment at Harvard;
- sponsor or support educational and cultural programs for members, students and others;
- support the academic study of LGBT issues throughout Harvard;
- advocate, and urge Harvard to advocate, for issues of importance to the larger LGBT community; and
- support and help coordinate autonomous groups within Harvard's LGBT community.
Membership is open to all Harvard and Radcliffe alumni/ae, faculty and staff who support our mission, and non-voting membership is available to full time students. Harvard Gay & Lesbian Caucus, Inc. is a non-profit organization supported primarily by membership dues. It does not represent the President and Fellows of Harvard College (Harvard University) or the Harvard Alumni Association.
Approved by the HGLC Board of Directors on June 8, 2007.